Saturday, January 22, 2005

Star Wars: Episode II

NNN
Great special effects! You can barely see the wires holding the little ships up. Plus the light saber battles are great. It's amazing what the puppeteer does with Yoda. He almost looks real.

But what is it about this film that bugs me? It could be because it's confusing that in Star Wars the Federation is bad but in Star Trek the Federation is good. But maybe it's that there is zero chemistry between Padme Armadillo and Anny Skywalker. Some say it's because of bad casting. I disagree. It was bad writing. I mean Hayden Christiensen is no Cary Grant but I think he would have performed better if his character wasn't such a needy whiney mess. He spends most of the time with Padme begging her to love him. What a wimp. With that script, they may as well have cast Leonardo DiCaprio as Anny. He looks more like the boy from Episode I anyway.

Samuel L. Jackson's performance is decent but it would have been nice to see Windu with more of the elements of Shaft. That Windu is a bad Jedi--shut your mouth!

It will be interesting to see Episode III. Obviously, Padme will die. Boo hoo. Plus we should see the beginnings for Luke Skywalker and Princess Lea. I suppose they will have to do quite a makeup job on Mark Hammil and Carrie Fischer to make them look younger.


1 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good insight. I agree with most of it except that I heard they actually don't use wires anymore!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home